developer - Mac, iOS, Ruby
I focus on building fast, usable apps for iOS and Mac OS - Core Data-based, multithreaded, high-performance apps connected to web services.
Climate Corporation - July 2017 - present
- Rejoined the FieldView Cab team, building new UI and features, spearheaded building the XCUITest test suite for the app
Black Pixel - December 2016 - July 2017
- iOS developer: wrote Swift-based iOS apps for Black Pixel's biggest client
Precision Planting - January 2014 - November 2016
- iOS developer: building UI for FieldView Cab iPad app, managing Core Data sync, working with Google Protobuf data over USB to MFi devices
Ministry Centered Technologies - July 2010 - November 2013
- Mobile developer: developed and maintained a shared Objective-C library for our 3 major iOS apps, which handled OAuth, downloading large files, connecting to a JSON web service, loading Core Data from JSON in background threads, and even allowing data to work offline. Also developed code for processing Powerpoint files and generating thumbnails in background threads for the “Projector” iOS app.
American Bar Association, ABA Journal - July 2007 - July 2010
- Web developer/designer: developed custom software built on ExpressionEngine, using PHP/ MySQL; created special apps to supplement features in the online edition of the monthly
magazine; managed the daily software operations of the ABA Journal’s web presence, !abajournal.com. Also created their first iPhone & iPad news-reader app.
- Development with Mac OS X frameworks since 2004, iOS SDK since April 2008 - PHP/MySQL, XHTML/CSS development since 2001
- Ruby on Rails development since 2006
- Bradley University, B.S. in Multimedia. (Graduated May 2007) GPA: 3.5
- Received an Apple WWDC Student Scholarship in March 2007, for excellence in open-source software development
Activities and Interests:
- Regularly volunteer at Richwoods Christian Church in Peoria: producing video pieces for church services, mixing live video, creating slides and running slides during services, and managing volunteers in the video team.
- Enjoy reading about and discussing Apple and technology in general
- 2D “hand-drawn” animation projects
- Illustration and drawing